The graduated students from the Management Engineering course are able to implement quantitative techniques and tools aimed at designing, managing, controlling and optimizing all processes run within a service or an industrial organization.
In particular, the Management Engineers get skills about the management of:
- service and industrial organizations;
- technological and information innovation;
- organizations’ manufacturing and auxiliary processes to achieve their full efficiency;
- complex innovation and research development projects by means of a structured experimental approach;
- customer and internal relationships, team working and leadership.
Specific competencies are provided in the fields of:
- Simulation and optimization of complex systems;
- Strategic management;
- Marketing and purchasing;
- Human resource management;
- Production planning and control;
- Quality and Reliability engineering;
- Product’s life cycle;
- Energy management;