The Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture (hereinafter DICAr) was established in 2013 following the confluence of all teaching staff of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICA) with the Department of Architecture (DArc). The creation of the DICAr gave life to a department that includes all of the scientific disciplinary sectors of the University of Catania included in the CUN 08 area.
- 08 “Ingegneria civile ed architettura”
- 09 “Ingegneria industriale e dell'informazione”.
- 104 professors (30 tenured, 49 associate and 25 researchers);
- 8 type “A” funded researchers;
- 12 type “B” funded researchers;
- 27 technical-administrative staff (both permanent and temporary).
- 1 Bachelor’s Degree 3-year course;
- 2 Master’s Degree 5-year courses;
- 6 Master’s Degree 2-year courses, one of them entirely held in English;
The DICAr also encourages and promotes the integration of research with the Advanced Education activities through doctoral and post-doctoral courses, research grants, Master’s degrees Level I and II, partnerships in strategic research projects and international cooperation.
To carry out its research, to support teaching and to meet the needs of public bodies and companies, the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture relies upon its own research laboratories.
The Department has entered into a variety of agreements with Italian, European or non-European Administrations and public and private bodies, in order to carry out applied research, scientific studies, feasibility studies, technical-scientific assistance and consultancy pertaining to the topics relevant to the scientific-disciplinary sectors of professors teaching at the Department.
The Department Chair is Prof. Enrico Foti.