The Master's degree graduate is capable of independently developing projects for mechanical and mechatronic systems from a functional, constructional and energy point of view, and the management of industrial machinery in general.
In particular, the skills associated with the function of the mechanical engineer concern:
- ability to design, organise and manage even complex and/or innovative processes;
- ability to communicate and relate within technical and production organisations;
- ability to design and manage mechanical structures including mechatronic complex systems;
- ability to critically compare technologies related to different energy sources, in terms of energy production, power density, storage, energy quality, life cycle costs, sustainability and CO2 emissions;
- ability to critically address the design of internal combustion engines, thermal plants, turbomachinery.